Does Your Foundation Need Repair?
Cracks in Your Walls
Cracks in Your Floor
Doors and Windows Not Shutting
Depending on your home’s unique issues, varying types of foundation repair solutions are available.
Below is an overview of the various foundation repair solutions, factors to consider, relative pricing, and uses.
The Intech Anchoring network of certified dealers offer a variety of foundation repair solutions to meet every possible foundation need. The cost of each solution depends upon the procedure used and the extent of damage caused by the foundational issue. To best serve you, we have a comparison chart of our available solutions so that you can look at the prices and possible methods of repair.
Foundation Repair Costs
As mentioned previously, several factors play a role in determining the cost of your foundation repair, including primarily:
- How much the house has settled or shifted away from the foundation, as well as how deep and wide the cracks are.
- The weight of your home. Heavier structures present greater obstacles; therefore, may require additional products or installers.
- Soil Type. Certain types of soil may increase the difficulty of excavation and installation of helical piers.
- Accessibility of your home’s damage. Projects requiring excavation or installation in crawl spaces are typically more time-consuming.
- Any necessary lifting or obstructions in the work area.
Basement Repair Costs
Similar to foundation repair, the cost of basement repairs depends largely on the severity of the issue. Intech Anchoring will inspect a variety of factors, including:
- How far your home has shifted
- The extent of cracking
- The weight of your house
- Soil type
- Accessibility for repair
- The amount of labor required
- Any obstructions in the work area
Bowing Wall Repair Costs
The cost of bowing wall repair is based primarily on characteristics of the bend itself. Pricing is affected by the following:
- How far the wall is bowing inward, as well as whether the bowing starts in the middle of the wall or is rotating inward at the top of the wall by the sill plate.
- The weight of the structure is a key factor in cost, as a heavier wall will need more helical anchors to prevent future movement.
- Soil type, accessibility, obstacles in the work area, and the depth of excavation required.
- Finally, it is up to the homeowner to decide if the wall needs to be simply secured or completely straightened to serve a more functional purpose.
If your home suffers from water damage during or after every rainfall, it is time to invest in a drainage or waterproofing system for your home. Like all of our other services, the cost varies depending on a myriad of factors including:
- If the damaged area is finished, repair will be more costly than if it were an unfinished basement.
- Is there an outside access to the work area, or is the basement a walk-out?
- Are there windows present?
- Will installers have to work around obstacles such as hot water tanks, furnaces, interior walls, or shelves?
- If a current sump pump exists, is it usable? What are the entry points of water?
- What type of construction – concrete, blocks, bricks – will need to be reinforced?
Locate a Waterproofing Specialist
Get a Waterproofing Estimate from an Intech Anchoring Contractor
Crack Repair Costs
Of all the services Intech Anchoring offers, crack repair can require the least amount of effort. It’s important to realize, however, that the extent of damage can often be an indication of a far more severe, more costly problem. An Intech Anchoring representative will visit your home to examine the width, length, number, placement on the wall, and the direction in which the crack moves (horizontally vs. vertically) to determine the cause and extent of the damage.
Next it will be essential to identify any obstacles that may stall the repair process, such as moisture seepage from the cracks, previously failed repair attempts, drywall, and whether the wall has been painted or covered with a skim coating.
Most crack repairs require a team of 1-2 installers and can be completed in one day or even hours.
For a basic repair, an installer will clean the crack extensively to ensure proper access for materials. Then injection ports are installed and a surface sealer is applied to the crack. Epoxy or urethane is injected into the crack through the installed ports. Finally, carbon fiber is often placed on top of the crack to provide additional support and prevent future movement of the wall.
Intech Anchoring Certified, Locally Operated Contractors Near You
Intech Anchoring has a network of certified dealers. To see if you fall within our serviceable locations, give us a call at 800-223-7015.
When you are protecting something as important and expensive as your home, foundation repair should be the last thing you decide to save on. You will want to be sure that you are getting the best possible solution for your money. When deciding who to hire, here are some important factors to consider: