Crawlspace Floor Support System
Benefits of the ISC
- Powder coated steel construction
- Large 14” x 14” x 3/8 steel bearing plate to transfer load to the bearing surface
- Extremely high load capacity (supports loads over 60,000 lbs)
- Immediate stabilization and lifting capabilities
- Custom fit to any crawlspace height
- Designed to bear on compacted base material, which eliminates the need for concrete
- Footing pad is excavated and base material is prepared and compacted.
- High capacity support column is measured and cut to precise length.
- Steel components of the ISC are carefully assembled and installed.
- The ISC is installed to the underside of the load bean and secured.
- The floor system load is transferred to the ISC and any final adjustments are made and locked down.
Why the ISC Is Right For You
Floors above crawlspaces are susceptible to problems created within the crawlspace itself. High moisture content is common with damp soil which can lead to poor soil conditions and movement with traditional support columns. As the soils beneath the home become saturated, the columns can no longer provide the necessary support and then often settle.
Sagging beams and floor joists can also result from the improper spacing of existing support columns or a weakened floor system due to excessive moisture, bug damage, or wood rot. As these forces of nature occur in the crawlspace, the floors above begin to noticeably sink and sag.
For the long-term success of any support column system, it is important to immediately address any drainage or water issues negatively affecting the crawlspace. Then, the necessary measures to reduce the impact of moisture in the crawlspace must be taken. Often times, a crawlspace can require a drainage system and encapsulation system to control and manage the impacts of water and high humidity.
Rest assured the Interior Support Column System will immediately stabilize your settling and sagging beams and floor joists in your crawlspace and protect against further movement. The Interior Support Column System comes with a 25-year warranty against manufacturing defects and a performance warranty from your certified installing contractor.