Causes of Bowing Walls
• Drought: When a drought occurs, the soil that surrounds the foundation loses moisture and becomes compacted, leaving gaps. This can cause your home to settle unevenly.
• High Moisture: High moisture levels have the opposite effect of a drought. When the soil surrounding the foundation takes in a significant amount of water, it places hydrostatic pressure, or water pressure, on your home. This pressure places stress on the walls, causing them to bow.
• Roots: Roots from the trees in your yard can also lead to bowing walls. These tree roots can grow toward the foundation, sapping the area of moisture. This causes the same problems as a drought.
• Poor Building Quality: If your home was constructed poorly, you may also experience bowing walls. This often occurs with inadequate masonry, either due to the builder having rushed the process or having used the wrong parts.
• Aging: Finally, aging can also cause the walls in your home to bow. Over time, your home will settle into the ground. If your home settles unevenly, this places pressure on the walls and causes bowing.
Effects of Bowing Walls
Bowing walls can cause many types of damage in your home. Your walls may crack under the pressure and floors may become uneven. Also, bowing walls can also cause other parts of your home to become dysfunctional. The doors, cabinets, and windows in your home may not open or close properly due to pressure from bowing walls.
Intech Anchoring’s Solutions
At Intech Anchoring, we offer two solutions for bowing walls in your home. Our Chance Helical Wall Anchors can be used to permanently reinforce your foundation. This product will repair current damage to walls and prevent future damage. Furthermore, anchors are easy to install because they are not a replacement for your foundation. We can install them quickly, cost effectively, and non-invasively. The installation takes place on the exterior of your home, and it can be performed with limited disruption to your lawn – no grout pumps or concrete trucks are necessary.
In addition to our Chance Helical Wall Anchors, we also offer a carbon fiber solution for your bowing walls. Woven carbon fiber is beneficial because it can be installed very quickly, is affordable, and is less intrusive than using steel. Furthermore, carbon fiber is extremely strong – it can withstand the movement of your foundation, ensuring protection against bowing walls. We can use carbon fiber for both interior and exterior repairs to your foundation.
Why Choose Intech Anchoring?
We offer the benefit of more than 20 years of experience in foundation repair. To learn more about the solutions we offer for bowing walls, call Intech Anchoring today at 734-432-5111.