Bowing and Leaning Wall Repair Products
Intech Anchoring Systems supplies and distributes a full line of bowing wall repair products to residential foundation repair contractors. We offer helical tiebacks, alongside wall brackets for poured foundation walls and C-channels for blocked foundation walls. Our specialty carbon fiber system stocks cracks in their tracks by sealing off the cracked concrete with epoxy or urethane, and then providing structural support through the woven carbon fiber covering.
Bowed Wall Symptoms
- Cracks in concrete or masonry: Stair-step cracks developing in block basement walls are especially common.
- Leaning walls: More often than not, leaning will start from the top down, making it difficult to spot.
If you notice either or both of these conditions, it’s critical to contact a professional immediately, as more severe damage is inevitable.
Understanding the Causes of Bowed Walls
Bowed Wall Replacement
Bowed and leaning walls are initially intimidating. Many homeowners feel that completely replacing the walls is their only solution. While this is certainly an option, there are more cons than pros:
- Inhabitants must move out of the house during wall replacement: Wall replacement is invasive, and it requires everyone to leave the home for safety until the project is completed.
- Replaced walls might bow again: Simply replacing the walls doesn’t address the fundamental issues of hydrostatic pressure and the structure of the home.
- Expensive costs: In addition to material costs, time, labor, and heavy equipment is necessary to replace walls, which will be expensive.
By utilizing Intech Anchoring Systems helical wall anchoring or Carbon Bond Structural System, the entire project is quicker with lower overhead costs which save money for both the contractor and homeowner, while ultimately repairing the structure and fixing the problem for good.